As the weather gets hotter, who doesn’t like to cool off with cold treats? But as much as I love desserts, I also like the idea of substituting a vitamin-packed treat in place of empty calories.
This is a really easy way to use overripe bananas without having to bake, because who wants to heat up the stove in summer? Not me! If you don’t have any overripe bananas on hand, check your grocery store’s produce section – mine often has bunches of past-ripe bananas for less than a dollar.
- 3 frozen bananas, peeled
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup peanut butter or other nut butter (if you prefer to make your own, check out my recipe)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- Peel the bananas and place them in an airtight container in the freezer for at least 12 hours.
- Once the bananas are frozen through, put them in the blender. (You can chop them but it’s not necessary.) Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until combined. The longer you blend it, the more like frozen yogurt it becomes.
- Scoop and serve immediately.
That’s it! Easiest recipe ever, right?!
If you’re more into milkshakes, just add a bit of milk (or milk substitute to keep it vegan; I like coconut milk) and blend until smooth. I like my milkshakes thick, so I start with 3/4 cup and adjust from there.
(I was going to take more photos but this does not last long! Be prepared for everyone to eat it quickly!)
What’s your favorite no-cook summer recipe? Share in the comments.
Have a great week, RWC!